Observed Trials Tech

So what's this all about? It's about trials and making your trials bike perfom better. This blog is to share ideas and expose trials riders to technical improvements for both modern, vintage and twinshock machinery.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

It's About Time


Well the title and the picture have nothing to do with what's been going on lately.
BUT I like the picture and it's about time I used it!

So what is news?
First, The Captain's son Caulkboy came to the Ranch last Sunday with The Captain and Pee Wee and Sam. The Captain feeling brave (it was after all Father's Day), loaned Caulkboy one of his KT's and the 3 of them set off. I understand Caulkboy had quite an adventure making close personal friends with numerous trees, rocks and roots! Now, it was brought to my attention that he only had about 6 hours of seat time on a motorcycle before the duo thrust him into the gnarlies of the ranch! These guys are cruel!
Caulkboy hung in there, no matter how much they threw at him. In fact, I believe he is going to become the proud owner of a TY250 before to long. (It has spark now.)

Pap and I went out and rode all the sections from the last trial, as Pap was unable to make it due to other commitments. We had a great time. I rode the James and that is just quality time spent with an old friend. Pap was having a great time except for a surprise encounter with a hard right turn 3 inches shy of a 40 foot drop-off in the new section 9. Made him lock the brakes, kill the motor and talk to himself!
Damn that was fun!

Watching Caulkboy getting his feet wet reminded me of the early days of my career. I often wonder how I made it from the truck to the woods!
It gets better with time!

The Guru

4 Comments:

  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger cpt. Dick said…

    It was a great time. I have to give Caulkboy credit , no seat time , no spectators , no clue.
    He rode his ass off and didn't give up. The first time I rode it was just me and PeeWee. I don't know what I would have done if there was a croud. He must like it. He's buying a TY. Thanks again Bob for letting us come out.

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Pee Wee said…

    It was a good time. The Guru asked me when he was formulating this post how thick Barry's skin was. All I could say was that he was Dick's kid, and he could probably dish it out just as well as he could take it.

    I thought he did well, considering how liitle seat time he actually has. There was never any panic in any of his riding, which is something I can't always say! haha

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Jessie Wallace said…

    A little panic is a healthy thing sometimes. I certainly felt a big pile of it when I happened on the ledge the Guru mentions in the post. That creek bed looked like the grand canyon and when I got stopped, about 49% of my weight was hanging over the edge. I got no business following a real rider.

     
  • At 12:38 AM, Blogger Caulkboy said…

    Definitely had a hell of a time. I guess my skin's fairly thick but my head must be thicker. The past couple of years during the previous trials I've seen the results of people's mistakes (dabs, cussing, wrecks). Now I get to make those same mistakes. My helmet is showing a nice big mistake. Thanks for helping me off my lid Pap. Thanks again Bob. Looking forward to giving it another go, maybe soon on a Team Green TY.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


hits