Observed Trials Tech

So what's this all about? It's about trials and making your trials bike perfom better. This blog is to share ideas and expose trials riders to technical improvements for both modern, vintage and twinshock machinery.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

But Your a REAL Trials Rider

So, what is a real trials rider? The answer is anyone who wants to ride and makes the effort to do so.

Do you have to be an expert? No! That's why we have different ability levels...you know novice, intermediate and expert.

Should one have to ride their old bike in the more advanced line? No! The sections are designed with the varying motorcycle capabilities in mind.

So...if the sponsoring organization utilizes these criteria correctly, and a rider is honest about their ability, then everyone should find themselves with the proper amount of challenge without being threatened or bored to tears.

This would then make for a "good time had by ALL".

So, why do some associations insist that all the sections be easy? Heavyweight bikes in the same lines as modern twinshock bikes? Insist on making the line easy enough for the heavyweight?

The big one though, is the comment I was given last weekend in Texas at a vintage NATIONAL, with a clean score card. Like most of the other riders who were cleaning section after section...and yawning. "Well your a real trials rider and we are not. We just want to have fun."

Well, so do I!

Here is my thought...for what it's worth. If you're not a real trials rider, why would you want to ride the same line as an expert? Get in the right class, SO WE ALL can have FUN!

Maybe I shouldn't go here...but it's to late now!



10 Comments:

  • At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks like Capt Dick would have given you a run for the money in Tx.

    All kidding aside, I agree with you 100%......but the Dick Hea.... umm... Mann's of the world also want to make money selling their high dollar heavy weights to people who have bank accounts and egos that are much greater than their abilities....
    There are a lot of guys out there that just want to tell their buddies at the office water cooler that they ride in the expert class...

    Even though real trials rider's such as yourself know Differently.

    God help us if the Harly boys ever decide they want to ride trials,...... I guess the 4 line becomes the one line as Trials Regresses back to its 1902 roots.......point A to point B on the roads

    Pete

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger cpt. Dick said…

    I was going to say something until Pete pissed me off.
    Cpt.

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Come on Cpt. I would have thought Pete would have inspired you.
    The Guru

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Capt.Dick, I was just kidding about your MW expert title in the 1st line of my post, and I personally apoligize if it was misconstrued.

    The second paragraph on was refering to Dick Mann,(AHRMA's Dick) not you.....

    For my money, you are one of the real trials riders too........after all, you beat my ass last fall.
    Pete

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger cpt. Dick said…

    If you want to have fun pick a line that is fun and hard enough that you learn and improve. If you ride up and down the sidewalks you will be good at riding on sidewalks.
    Pete I'm really not pissed.
    I would love to ride the expert line , but I want to be an expert when I do it!
    I sure hate to see someone ride a line they have no buisness on.

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been wondering how the #*^^ I am supposed to lay out a section for an "Expert Not Real Trials Rider"??? Do I use NOT Real Rocks, Not Real Logs, Not Real Mud, Not Real Turns, Not Real Hills......or shall we just use our imagination and make believe there in the section?
    This has me STUMPED! (Pun intended!)
    The Guru

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Going out on a limb with that one, aren't you, Guru?
    Atilla

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe you could just tape off parts of the loop, and call them sections.....

    no that wouldn't work unless you cut the creek out of the loop.......

    maybe your supposed to do like in T-Ball........ there are no losers, everyone is a winner and you give everyone a trophy just for showing up and trying.....

    At least then I could get one....
    pete

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger cpt. Dick said…

    I don't think you change a thing. If you want a cake walk , never drop a point come up with your own series and call it Pansy Ass!

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I guess we could do like Pete said and go back to the roots of trials and make everyone ride the SAME line...and let nature sort them out!some will have low scores...some will have high scores...and some will retire...

    Murray

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


hits