Observed Trials Tech

So what's this all about? It's about trials and making your trials bike perfom better. This blog is to share ideas and expose trials riders to technical improvements for both modern, vintage and twinshock machinery.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Looking Back




I was taking a walk through my pictures and it took me to memory lane.

I rode my first motorcycle competition in 1967 on a Triumph Mountain Cub. I have competed in enduros, trials, flat track, TT races, motocross, cross country, 8 hour marathons and a few odd special events no one has a name for as yet.

I am proud to say that I made it to expert ranking in everything I tried except enduros. They were the first form of competition I tried and at the age of 15, I emphasize tried! When I finally got back to them they had changed tremendously and I was to old to keep up!
Well I'm rambling....so , what's my point?

I love this sport. It has enabled me to travel not only throughout this country but the world, competing in Mexico, Canada and Scotland. I have met so many interesting people and made lifelong friends all over the globe.

I think if we all look back for just a minute we may find some common ground.

In the troubled times of the here and now it is easy to let life take us from these treasured times. I for one am going to pursue future good times with old and new friends to be.

Here are a couple of pictures of my trip to the Pre-65 Scottish in 2004. I am with my old friend Graham and my new friends Bob Baker and Allen Worthington.














Many thanks to all I've met and all I have yet to meet.

Let's make some great memories!




1 Comments:

  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Jessie Wallace said…

    Great post and I agree that we're wasting time if we're not taking every opportuntiy to enjoy live. Thanks, I needed the reminder......

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


hits