Observed Trials Tech

So what's this all about? It's about trials and making your trials bike perfom better. This blog is to share ideas and expose trials riders to technical improvements for both modern, vintage and twinshock machinery.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

My Famous James


I was going through a pile of old floppy discs the other day, (hockeyboy gave me an external drive) and found a picture of the James tank before I added the character dents.

Which Famous James is this you ask? Well, how about a replica of Mick Andrews  1966 factory trials James.

How did I come up with one of those? Mick and Jill would come spend a month or two with me every year. He and I would travel and teach trials schools around the country in order to pay for the motocross racing we were having fun doing.

The James was in the storage building. It was my dad's who had just lost his battle with cancer. Mick found it and was all excited, asked me where it came from. When I told him he offered to fix me up with a replica frame from his factory machine....it is serial number "2".

Is that cool or what?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


hits